dimarts, 15 de febrer del 2011

ORAL PRESENTATION: the Mini

THE VIDEO


EVALUATION

PRESENTATION
-Did you use any resources? Yes, I did.
-Were the resources relevant and attractive? Yes, if we was pretty good.

BODY LANGUAGE AND EYE CONTACT
-Did you look at your audience most of the time? Yes, I did.
-Did you red for your notes? No, I didn't.
-Did you do any gestures/movement to hold the attention of your audience? Yes, but not many.

STRUCTURE
-Did you organize your ideas in order of importance? Yes, I did.
-Did you use discourse markers to make your ideas more clear? No, but I think that my structure was very clear.

CONTENT
-Did you introduce interesting new information to your audience? Yes, I think that I explanation a new information.
-Was your information more superficial or more detailed, and original? My information was original but superficial. I talk about Avatar in general.

LANGUAGE
-Did you check your grammar? Yes, I did.
-Did you use rich vocabulary looking up the dictionary? No, I didn't.
-Did you use sentence linkers? No, I didn't.
-Did you use fillers? No, I didn't.

PRONUNCIATION
-Did you know how to pronounce all your words? No all word, but some others.
-Did you check the pronunciation with a dictionary, a classamate or the teacher? Yes, I did.
-Did you change your tone of voice or use a monotone tone all the time? I change my tone of voice
-Did you speek in a fluid continum or with breaks and interruptions? I spoke in a fluid continum.


THE TRANSCRIPTION

Okay, let's get started. Hello everybody, my name is Tània and I’m student at Casa Nostra School. Today I talk about the interesting car: the Mini.

The Mini is a small car that was made by the British Motor Corporation from 1959 until 2000.

The car of the 1960 was a tiny car called Mini. The designer was an engineer, Alec Issigonis. He designs a car which was much smaller than others. It was only tree meters long. It cost 500£, so became very popular with young people and families.

The royalty used to drive Minis as well. For example, Prince Charles arrived at university in a Mini in 1967.

By the late 1960, the company was producing enormous quantities of Minis in factories in England.

Some people used to paint their Minis in bright colours. Other people tried to get as many people as possible inside them. They want to get a new world record!

By the end of the decade, the Mini had even been the star of a popular British film called The Italian Job. It had won a lot of races too.

Although the car became less fashionable in later decades, people had bought over five million Minis by the year 2000.

Then in 2001, a new Mini was born. The new Mini was bigger and more modern car. But it was just as stylish as the classic Mini.

Today, the German car company produces the Mini at this factory in Oxford.

The factory has got a lot of computers and robots to do some of the work. Factories didn't use to have these in the 1960. The factory makes over seven hundred Minis every day.

These days, you don't need to paint your own Mini – they are available in nearly any colour! The Mini was a 1960 icon that never really went out of fashion.

I think the Mini is a comfortable and fashionable car and I like it.

Thanks for listening to me.










POWER POINT:

Mini

MY CLASSMATES
-Adrià talks about the history of Coca cola. I think his pronunciation is good and he explain somethings that interested me.
-Sergi talks about the company Abercrombie & Fitch. I was very surprised that made people queue (cua) to enter the store.
-Miós and Blanca explain us the stroy of Starbucks!
-Pau talk about the mobile phone. He showed us how the technology evolves and there are many applications available.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada